The Word of God is, undoubtedly, the standard for Christian living. Within that standard are Principles. Those principles are called the “Doctrine of Christ.”
The Principles of the Doctrine of Christ (Hebrews 6:1-2)
- Repentance from dead works
- Faith towards God
- The doctrine of baptism
- Laying on of hands
- Resurrection of the dead
- Eternal judgment
Hebrews 6:1-2 – “So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. 2You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.
What We Believe (Statement of Faith)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He was crucified and buried. On the third day, He arose from the dead and ascended to heaven where He sits at the right hand of Almighty God the Father until His enemies become His footstool.
- We believe the church is the supernatural Body of Christ.
- We believe in the rapture, the second coming of Christ; that the dead in Christ will rise first, and those who are alive and remain shall be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.
- We believe that after death, eternal life begins either in Heaven or in Hell – based on one’s decision to accept or reject Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe in the indwelling and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures – the Bible – is the infallible written Word of God; that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- We believe in divine healing (restoration of one’s physical, mental, or emotional health) for one who believes and acts on God’s Word. We believe that Jesus is The Healer, and according to Scripture, it is because of the stripes that Jesus took on Calvary’s cross, that we were Healed!
- We believe in returning the tithe (tenth) of our increase to God, and in bringing offerings into the local church. We believe in giving alms, and caring for the poor, sick, homeless, and otherwise unfortunate.
- We believe in water baptism in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in the name of Jesus, and the power and authority invested in that name.
Hebrews 11:6– “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
- The Scriptures… ( II Timothy 3:16; I Thessalonians 2:3)
- The Godhead… (Philippians 2:6; Matthew 3:16-17)
- Man, His Fall, & Redemption… (Romans 3:23; Romans 3:9-10; Romans 5:12; I John 3:8; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 2:8)
- Eternal Life and New Birth… (II Corinthians 7:10; I John 5:12; St. John 3:3-5)
- Water Baptism… (St. Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4; Colossians 2:12; Acts 8:36-39)
- Baptism in the Holy Ghost… (St. John 3:11; St John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 19:1-7; Acts 2:4)
- Sanctification… (Hebrews 12:14; I Thessalonians 5:23; II Peter 3:18; II Corinthians 3:18; Philippians 3:12-14; I Corinthians 1:30)
- Divine Healing… (Mark 16:18; James 5:14-20; I Peter 2:24; Mathew 8:17; Isaiah 53:4-5)
- Hell & Eternal Retribution… endless existence… (Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 19:20; Hebrews 6:12)
- Communion – The Lord’s Supper… (I Corinthians 11:13-31; Isaiah 53:5; I Corinthians 11:24; Hebrews 9; I Corinthians 11:25; I Corinthians 11:27)
- Laying on of Hands… (Mark 10:13-16; Mark 5; Acts 28:8; Acts 19:11-12; Acts 6:26; Acts 8:16-18; I Timothy 4:14)