The Prayer of Salvation
The prayer of salvation is the most important prayer you will ever pray. In fact, it is the first real conversation with God, the Father. If you have ever asked yourself, "How can I know God?" then here is the answer: by becoming one of His children; by becoming a Christian. Becoming a child of God is simple, yet it is a matter of conviction and acknowledgment of the following:
- We acknowledge that Jesus Christ is God, the Son; that He came to earth as a man in order to live the sinless life that we cannot live; that He died in our place, so that we would not have to pay the penalty we deserve.
- We confess our past life of sin -- living for ourselves and not obeying God.
- We admit we are ready to trust Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord.
- We ask Jesus to come into our heart, take up residence there, and begin living through us.
As a candidate for salvation, please make the following confession aloud to God:
"Father, I know that I have broken Your laws and my sins have separated me from You. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward You. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, and to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."
CONGRATULATIONS, and Welcome to the Family of God!
You have made the most important decision you will ever make in your entire life! You are now a new creation in Christ, a reborn child of God. In other words, you are now a Christian (Christ-like). That means that your sins have been forgiven, and whatever you did before this decision no longer matters because according to the Bible, all things have become new. Your outward appearance may look the same, but it is very important for you to know that you have been given a fresh new start on life.
It is also very important for you to know what being a Christian entails, and how to begin living your newborn life in Christ. Here are a few things you will need to begin incorporating into your daily routine as soon as possible, so that you can begin to grow in the things of God. The sooner you begin to apply these practices, the sooner you will begin to strengthen your faith and trust in God.
- Begin reading the Holy Bible every day – "Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." ~Joshua 1:8
- Begin talking to God daily through prayer – "Ask Me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come." ~Jeremiah 33:3
- Become connected to a local church – "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another…" ~Hebrews 10:25
- Share your faith with others - "Everyone who acknowledges Me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before My Father in Heaven." ~Matthew 10:32
There are other important steps you should take as well, that will help you to grow in your Christian walk, but these are the initial ones that you can begin implementing right away.
We are truly excited about your recent decision, and look forward to hearing from you if you have questions.
Again, Welcome to the Family of God!
Other Supporting Scriptures:
If you prayed that prayer and accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior then please contact us so that we can connect with you and connect you with other believers that will be glad to walk with you on your new journey of faith.